Monday, October 8, 2012

Nick told me my life was about to change....

My husband recently told me that my life was about to change. At the time I didn't really believe that inheriting his iPhone 4 would have any dramatic change in my day to day life. I had been getting along perfectly fine with my trusty blackberry for the past 3 years. Yes, that's right 3 years! Sounds crazy in the world if cell phones , I know. However, I was happy with what I had and saw no need to change.

I've now had my phone for about 2 weeks. It just occurred up me that maybe just maybe I'd be able to start blogging from my phone. ( My biggest blogging obstacle tends to be that fact that I simply never seem to be able to find the time to fit down in front of a computer).

So what you are about to witness is me blogging from my phone. I hope this works!

I'd thought I'd post about a quick little project that should have taken 20 minutes and costs less than $5 to make. Instead I dragged the project out for over a month (just getting it hung yesterday). However I did manage to stick to the $5 budget.

This project is do simple.
1) buy a 1x8x6 board of white wood at Lowes. (Total cost $4.64 + tax)
2) Paint or stain your board your desired color
3) Starting at six inches draw Rick marks every inch on your board using a black sharpie or paint market. Start up six inches do you can hang the board six inches from the floor and avoid all the baseboard in your home.
4) Print on a piece of paper the numbers 1-6 in times new roman font, with THD font size set to 250.
5) Put the numbers to the right of your tick marks in the corresponding place and then trace with a pen. The wood is so soft when you lift the paper you will see the indent left behind.
6) Fill in the number indention you just made with black sharpie or a paint pen. Repeat for all the numbers.
7) Put on two costs of polyurethane.
8) Attach a picture hanger to the back.
9) Convince your husband to finally hang the growth chart.

You can use a sharpie to write on the finished product and mark your kids heights. I plan on using tiny picture frames.( I'll post more pictures when i get that done. ).

Don't mind the messy countertop or the vacuum in the background. I'm a mom of a 2 1/2 year old and a six month old. Mess just happens.

No comments: